As TAS Aesthetic Surgery Center, we discuss the topic of massage after rhinoplasty in the blog post we prepared this week. Nose massage, which is one of the care recommendations that people who have had rhinoplasty should do after the surgery, is of great importance. After removing the cast on the nose and the tampons in the nose, a massage should be performed in accordance with the recommendation of your doctor.
How Massage Should Be Performed After Rhinoplasty?
The nose skin can be gently cleaned with a mild soap or skin care lotions with vaseline. Care must be taken during this cleaning. Massage should be done on the nose for 20 minutes a day regularly and effectively for 2 months. The importance of the massage is that it activates the facial lymphatics through circulation. In this way, the lymphatic flow in the nose is accelerated and the swelling – edema formation on the nose is minimized. These swellings – edemas which are minimized positively affect the healing process. However, the patient should not apply any massage he sees on the internet. Since the procedure for each patient is different, massage can also be personalized. It should be done with the advice of your doctor and the doctor’s recommendations should be taken into account. There are many care suggestions apart from the massage that should be done after the rhinoplasty. We can list these maintenance recommendations item by item as follows;
Care Recommendations After Rhinoplasty
- The patient who had rhinoplasty surgery should lie at home with his head elevated for 1 week after discharge, as it will reduce the swellings.
- Lying on your side and lying face down is prohibited.
- Blowing your nose, straining, coughing, bending over – getting up, lifting a heavy load – carrying should not be done as they will increase the risk of bleeding.
- Foods that require effort to chew, also the ones which require long and hard chewing should be avoided.
- Salt restriction should be made as it will shorten the dissipation process of swellings from the body.
- Protein-rich foods should be consumed.
- You should rest more than usual and activities that require you to exert effort, such as sexual intercourse, should be avoided for 2 weeks.
- Excessive and long speeches and excessive facial movements such as laughing should be avoided for 2 weeks.
- Clothes that are buttoned from the front or back should be worn for 2 weeks. Avoid tight-fitting T-shirts and stand-up collar clothes that are worn over the head.
- Sports such as yoga, pilates, and fitness should be avoided for 8-10 weeks.
- It is forbidden to use prescription glasses or sunglasses that fit the nose for at least 8 weeks.
- Contact lenses can be used 2-3 days after the operation.
- Make-up can be worn after the cast and tampons are removed.
- We have come to the end of the blog post we created for your questions about massage after rhinoplasty surgery.
- If there is anything you want to consult us about it, you can contact us at +90 532 056 3693.