Teenage Rhinoplasty in İstanbul
Teenager Rhinoplasty, is a suitable procedure for our patients who are still having their adolescence period and who want to have nose surgery for different reasons.
Adolescence period; is the period when the person is most concerned with his physical appearance. During this period, there may be a discomfort he feels about his own appearance and it might increase many reasons such as peer bullying, etc. This situation can lead to damage to self-esteem. Besides, It is also very important for young people who have resorted to rhinoplasty for various health reasons to have chosen the right rhinoplasty procedure so that they do not experience deformation in the future and have a properly shaped nose appearance.
What is Teenager Rhinoplasty?
Teenager rhinoplasty is a branch of nose surgery designed only for young people and is preferred for reasons such as aesthetic concerns, health reasons and facial trauma.
Teenage Rhinoplasty is a very popular procedure among young people. For young people, it is possible to improve the appearance of the nose with rhinoplasty surgery and correct structural defects that cause breathing problems.
Before Teenage Rhinoplasty
First Examination and Consultation
This is basically the stage of the conversation with the doctor. The doctor examines the patient to determine whether the patient is medically suitable for teenager rhinoplasty. The patient is informed about aesthetic, functional deformities and interventions and preparations that will help correct them. Then goes to the next step.
Second Examination and Consultation
It is a more detailed examination for the patient who is suitable for teenager rhinoplasty. The patient’s deformities and all the details of what can be done for these deformities are discussed and then the simulation is performed. Then the date of the operation is determined and hospital reservations are made.
Third Examination and Consultation
This step is done for the blood test and other procedures that need to be done before the teenager rhinoplasty operation. The patient comes to the hospital and meets with anesthesiologist.
Fourth Examination and Consultation
This step is the last step before teenager rhinoplasty surgery and is performed a few days before the operation. The doctor sees the patient and takes note of the technical interventions to be performed for the operation.
After Teenage Rhinoplasty
Patient who had teenager rhinoplasty stays in the hospital for 1 night and the next day the doctor visits the patient and discharges him. The patient comes to the 1st week, 2nd month and 1st year check-ups after surgery. All patients who have undergone surgery are regularly called by our clinic and they can reach us at anytime they want. This process is also facilitated for patients from abroad. The special processes for the patients who come for teenager rhinoplasty from abroad to Turkey are as follows;
- Our health consultants make detailed phone calls with patients from abroad. Patients are asked to send a video that the doctor will watch. Thus, a virtual examination and consultation is carried out between the patient and the doctor. Thus, a virtual examination and consultation is carried out between the patient and the doctor.
- After a virtual examination and consultation, the date of surgery is determined for the patient who is medically suitable for nose surgery, and a detailed examination appointment is scheduled a few days before the operation.
- On the date of the appointment, the patient comes to the clinic, all his aesthetic and functional deformities, details of the operation, simulation are determined and performed during this examination. Then the patient goes to the hospital to meet with anesthesiologist and take blood tests.
- After a detailed examination and consultation, the patient, who was examined a day in advance, is taken to teenager rhinoplasty within a few days.
- The patient can return home 1 week after the teenager rhinoplasty. It is enough to allocate a total of 10 quality days for teenager rhinoplasty. Second month and first year check-ups are planned and patients from abroad are welcomed to come to the check-ups. If they don’t come, we kindly ask them a video that will be shown for the doctor. However, it is important for patients to come to follow-up appointments in order to undergo a healthy and complete rhinoplasty process.
Thanks to this special program, the process is facilitated for patients who come from abroad and want to have a teenager rhinoplasty surgery in Turkey.
Process After Male Rhinoplasty
The recovery period after male rhinoplasty is about 1 year. This process is divided into 3 periods after the surgery. The period covering the first week is the early period, the middle period starting from the 7th day to the 2nd month, and the late period extending up to 1 year. After the middle period, the recovery is gradually completed. Although this varies from person to person, there are some points to be considered after the surgery. These are;
- Avoiding any injury and sun exposure
- Being careful about sunglasses and blowing your nose
- Going to routine controls and following the doctor’s recommendations.
Everything You Wanted To Know About Teenager Rhinoplasty
What Cosmetic Problems Does Teenager Rhinoplasty Solve?
- Nose Shape: The change made in the inner nose structure with teenager rhinoplasty allows to correct the general profile appearance of the nose.
- Nose Size: A nose that is not proportional to the face can be called an aesthetic problem. Soft tissues (cartilage) and nasal bone interventions can help change the size of the nose and give it a proportional appearance.
- Breathing Problems: With the changes made in the inner nose structure, the air flow can be relieved and respiratory problems can be solved.
- Nose Angle: Nasal curvature caused by genetics or nasal trauma can be eliminated by surgical interventions.
Who Can Have Teenager Rhinoplasty?
A young person under the age of 18 must have parental consent to undergo a teenager rhinoplasty operation. In addition, it should be evaluated extensively and it should be determined whether it is ready for this surgery both physically and psychologically. Teenager rhinoplasty is not performed for those who are still in the growth phase or who are not psychologically ready for the accompanying changes.
What is the Ideal Age Range for Teenage Rhinoplasty?
The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) requires girls to be 13 to 15 years old for teenager rhinoplasty procedure; It states that men must be at least 15 years old. In addition to this suggestion, teenager rhinoplasty can be performed earlier in case of physical dysfunction in the nose.
What are the Benefits of Teenager Nose Job Surgery?
There are many psychological and health benefits of having rhinoplasty for young people. A young patient who wants to have a teenager rhinoplasty surgery can make some gains thanks to this surgery. Such as:
- Wide nostrils can be corrected.
- The appearance of a droopy tip is eliminated.
- Hump is eliminated.
- Symmetrical nose structure can be created.
- Self-confidence can be increased.
- The respiratory tract is improved.
- Facial symmetry is ensured.
What are the Risks of Teenage Nose Surgery?
As with any surgical operation, the teenager rhinoplasty process has its own risks.
The following conditions can be listed as the risks of teenager rhinoplasty.
- Scar on the Nose
- Permanent Nerve Damage
Are There Any Side Effects of Teenage Rhinoplasty Surgery?
Possible side effects of teenager rhinoplasty surgery can be listed as follows:
- Nerve Damage
(The stated side effects may not occur in every patient and may vary.)
What is the Recovery Time of Teenage Nose Job?
Teenager nose job surgery is generally preferred for long-term holidays such as summer holidays for young people. In addition, this choice does not mean that the healing process will continue for a summer.
Recovery time after teenage rhinoplasty is usually a few weeks. Routine activities can be started at the end of 2 weeks, depending on the patient’s health condition. Bruises that occur in the first week usually stay for 2 weeks.
The pain felt after teenage rhinoplasty surgery lasts for about 2-4 days, but this is easily managed with a prescription pain reliever recommended by your surgeon. The occurrence of any infection, the healing process can be retarded. Therefore, if you observe a redness or swelling that is more than expected, you should inform your doctor.
5 Tips for Teenager Rhinoplasty Candidates
There are some situations that teenager rhinoplasty patients should review and know about before surgery. These situations are mentioned below in order.
- Make sure that your nose is fully developed.
- Talk to your parents in detail. (Permission of the parent or guardian is required for the procedure)
- Make sure that you make your decision voluntarily, without being influenced by anyone.
- Make sure what is the situation you want to change about your nose or what is the situation you are complaining about.
- Make sure that you are physically and psychologically ready for the teenager rhinoplasty surgery process.
Difference Between Teenager Rhinoplasty and Adult Rhinoplasty
If a teenager’s nose has not completed the development process, the teenager rhinoplasty operation may affect the proper development of cartilage If the cartilage continues to develop, it will continue to grow after surgery. If teenager rhinoplasty is performed without observing this condition, it can cause malformation, affecting the ongoing growth, or the continued growth of cartilage can negatively affect the results of teenager rhinoplasty. This makes the choice of a plastic surgeon much more important than adult rhinoplasty. The margin of error in young rhinoplasty is much wider than in adult rhinoplasty.
Frequently Asked Questions About Teenage Rhinoplasty
Is sports done after teenage rhinoplasty?
Can teenager rhinoplasty aesthetics be performed with braces?
Does teenage rhinoplasty affect social life?
Does teenager rhinoplasty change the voice?
Does the nose change during the growth process?
REASONS TO DECIDE
WHY DR. SULEYMAN TAS?
Patients from all over the world decide to have rhinoplasty with Assoc.Prof.Dr. Suleyman TAS. A comprehensive questionnaire was sent to 5.000 patients to understand these patients better and also to help potential patients who are considering to have rhinoplasty. Let’s look main reasons:
CLOSED ATRAUMATIC TECHNIQUE
DOUBLE CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON
Teenage Rhinoplasty Treatment Summary
|IMPORTANT: The information below has been prepared on general terms related to the operation process. Everyone is unique. The treatment process, planning and results of everyone who has had nose surgery may differ.|
|Treatment||Teenage Rhinoplasty||Downtime period||7 – 10 Days|
|Utilized Technique||Closed Atraumatic Technique||Duration of hospital stay||1 Night|
|Duration of surgery||2 – 4 hours||Resume social life and work||7 – 10 Days|
|Type of Anesthesia||General Anesthesia||Full recovery||2 – 12 Months|
|Sensitive Period||3 days||Persistence of results||Permanent|
|Cast removal||7-10 days later||Operation cost||Contact Us|
Teşvikiye Mah. Hakkı Yeten Cad. No: 11, Terrace Fulya Center 1, Daire: 97, Şişli, Istanbul, TURKEY
Kemp House, 160 City Road, EC1V 2NX, London, UK
Registered in UK