The subject of this week’s article is nose massage after rhinoplasty. We wish you enjoyable reading…
Nose massage is one of the essential recomendation after rhinoplasty. After removing out splint and tampons from the nose, massage should be practiced in-line with your doctor’s advice.
How to Massage Your Nose After Rhinoplasty?
Skin of the nose can be gently cleaned with skin care lotions with vaselin or with a mild soap. During this cleaning process it is very important to be very carefull. Nose massage should be practiced effectively and regularly for two months with twenty minutes time period. The aim of the massage is to activate the facial lymphatics which will accelerate the flow, minimize the edema (swelling) on the nose and ensure faster healing process.
However, the patient should not apply any massage on the internet. Since each intervention during the rhinoplasty is different, the massage should be different and customized fort he patient. Recommendations of your doctor should be definetly considered and practised in-line with the instructions.
There are many recommendations needs to be done after the rhinoplasty, besides the massage. These recommendations can be listed as below;
Other Recommendations After Rhinoplasty
- The patient who had rhinoplasty should rest at home and keep her head raised up for one week after being discharged, which will reduce the swelling.
- It is forbidden to lie or sleep on the side and stomach.
- Blowing, putting pressure on the nose, carrying or lifting heavy things are not recommended, since they increase the risk of bleeding.
- Patient should avoid from foods which require strong or long chewing.
- Salt should be limited as it will shorten the process of swelling.
- Protein-rich foods should be prefered.
- Resting time should be more than usual and activies, that require to spend energy, should be avoided for two weeks.
- Face movements, such as long speeches and laughing loudly should be avoided for two weeks.
- Comfortable clothes, that are not collared, should be used for two weeks.
- Sports such as yoga, pilates, fitness should be stopped for 8-10 weeks.
- It is forbidden to wear any kind of glasses at least eight weeks.
- Contact lenses can be used 2-3 days after the rhinoplasty.
- Make-up can be done 7 days after the operation, when the splint and tampons will be removed.